Setting up first Tri-copter

Hello, My grandson and I are asking for help to set up our first Tri-copter build which consists of a Turnigy Talon Spektrum DX8i with an Orange R820X V2 receiver we are using an Arducopter 2.8 with Ublox Neo-6M GPS. I have previously built an X450 and set it up with my old Turnigy 9X TX. But since then I am now on a Mac and the version of APM is different to the old one I had used, none of the screens look familiar to my windows 7 version apart from the map and compassšŸ˜Š. Iā€™ve flashed it but cannot successfully calibrate enough points on it within the 60 second allowance, also I keep getting vocal messages about pre arming? or not armed. also not sure how to wire up as the RX has a label saying CPPM which I have never used before and currently itā€™s wired as I have previously done which is PWM. I have only recently purchased the Spektrum DX8i and it seems a bit complex although flying planes with it is great I would like to do some aerial photography with the Tri-copter. If anyone could give us some connection diagrams (TX -Arducopter and on) useful links or information to help us along I would be much obliged I have gleaned that the servo is powered from output 7 but not sure how that is setup from my DX8i?. Iā€™m afraid at my age none of this comes easy, my grandson is better but not really the age to have this kind of experience although heā€™s proving to be a good pilot and we get much pleasure from sharing this hobby. Apologies if itā€™s me being an idiot but, if you can help it would be great

Sorry about the mistake but the voice message I get is ā€œPre-arm check R/C not calibratedā€ I hope that makes more sense to someone? Thanks

That sounds like you have not gone through the setup wizard correctly, in particular the R/C calibration process was not successful, so I suggest you go though that again. And if possible it would be best if you can get onto a PC as I find mission planner to work much better for APM

Thanks for your reply Alex, I unfortunately made the mistake of downloading the free windows 10 upgrade and APM doesnā€™t seem to work it kept crashing so thatā€™s why Iā€™m using it on Mac. Maybe I should un-install it and try a new download? Have you tried APM on windows 10? Also can you tell me the outputs will be 1,2,4 and 7 for the servo? what about the connections from the receiver to the Arducopter which to which? Thankyou and Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.
Regards
Trevor