Battery not fully charging

Order Number: 694704
Product Name: Sk-500023 Skyrc Gsm020
Brand: SkyRC
Battery wont fully charge to 100% , will put on charge and wait for white light to go fully solid and when i connect to Bluetooth the battery is only on 95% and goes down fast to around 86% within couple of minutes, can you please resolve my issue as believe this item is faulty with battery fault thank you
Yes tried putting back on charge but same issue happens again

May I ask how long you have left the unit to charge for? And can you please try to charge it using an alternative USB power source, as there is a small chance that the one you are using is not outputting enough power to get it to 100%?

Otherwise if the above still doesnt resolve it then I think the best thing would be to return it back to us to double check and get it replaced for you under warranty.

Hello
Thank you for the reply , I charged I straight away when I received it before , using it for first time , I used the supplied USB- C cable that came with it , I have tried other sources of usb power to charge it , I left it on charge for 3hours or more until the white charging light stopped flashing , the issue I’m getting is when it’s fully charged (supposedly) I connect to phone and shows only 95% battery on the app , then within a couple of minutes it’s down to around 86% without using it , if I leave it all connected unit on and app running, and connect usb-c cable back in to it , like I was going to charge again battery instantly goes back to 100% but once I disconnect the charger battery level drops ! , 1st image here I have added is when charger nort connected, 2nd image is when cable connected, I do believe this is not correct and seems to me the battery is not holding charge or capable of holding full charge unfortunately its a faulty unit , can you please advise, how I should proceed, would it be worth me buying another unit from you and comparing? And send this one back ? Or can you replace this one for me ? Please advise
Regards

Hi, thanks for confirming and it does look like there may be a faulty battery with your unit, so best to return it back to us. I will send you an email using the email address from your order to send over the RMA details! Let me know here if you did not receive it.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.

Hi Alex
Thanks for the reply , and return label form , what will happen after its returned to you ? Will I be sent out a replacement please? Or what is the procedure? Would it be easier for me to order another and you refund my original amount and postage?
Regards
David

Hi, our usual process is to issue a refund for returns like this, so if you want to save some time you can make a new order in the meantime and we will refund you once we get the return back :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech

Hi Alex
Thanks for the reply, and information, I have put down on the RMA for a refund anyway , and I have placed a new order about 30mins ago , is there anyway this can be checked before dispatch please? Just incase I get same issue ! Unless you have a faulty batch of them , if this can be done it will be much appreciated, and saves returning this next order if still has same issue , saves you and me time and hassle of going through return process
Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

Apologies we didn’t catch this sooner!

unfortunately, I believe your replacement order was shipped already so we’re not able to test it. We’re usually unable to test products before they’re shipped out due to the prioritisation for same-day dispatch, however, we have received no other reports of issues with these and therefore do not anticipate you will have the same issue again. It doesn’t appear to be a faulty batch, instead, just a faulty unit.

However, in the unlikely case that you do experience any problems, please let us know and we’ll get it sorted for you ASAP.

Your return will be processed ASAP once received back - typically within 3 working days, though we aim to keep this wait shorter if at all possible. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

Hi Cameron
Thank you for the reply, the replacement unit does seem to be better thank you, I have a query with the refund on my original order 694704 , seems like I have only received partial refund for this and not the cost of the postage refunded, I believe I should be also refunded the cost of postage as this was a bad unit sent from you , so it’s not my fault this has happened can you please refund my postage cost aswel? Can you please resolve/advise? Otherwise its costing me more

Regards

Dave

This has been refunded for you!

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.