ELRS receiver not working on F4 1s 12a Aio Brushless Flight Controller V3 - At32f435

Order Number: 696387
Product Name: F4 1s 12a Aio Brushless Flight Controller V3 - At32f435
Brand: BetaFPV
I have just received this flight controller and plan was to test it to make sure it is fully functional before incorporating into my drone build. However. I have found that the built in ELRS receiver is not working or responsive to frimware flashes. There is a green LED which is solid. I can not flash the frimware to latest ELRS nor can I bind to the FC.
I have taken fairly extensive troubleshooting to no success.

The firmware flash from ELRS configurator does not recognise the receiver on serial passthrough.
I tried all the serial ports.
I flashed the official Betaflight AT32 4.5 frimware.
I reflashed the betafpv AT32 frimware.
I reset all the settings.
I cannot bind to the ELRS receiver at all. It is not being recognised.
I tried all these steps on MACOS and windows using BTFL configurator 10.10 . (and nightly 10.10 debug version)

Hi James good day,

I’m really sorry to hear you have been struggling with your AIO.

I have contacted the manufacturer and asked for their assistance. As soon as I hear back from them I will let you know what they say.

How would you rate our customer service?

Regards,
David

Unmanned Tech Support

Hi James,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay with this!

BetaFPV have provided us with firmware for this board which may help to solve the issue for you - if it does not, then the behaviour of the LEDs on the board after the firmware is flashed will help to diagnose the problem and will identify whether a replacement is required or if this can be solved remotely.

Please find the firmware file attached.

Would you possibly be able to flash this to the board and provide a video showing the LED behaviour once power is applied?

Apologies for the hassle! I hope to have this sorted for you ASAP.

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

AT32_betaflight_4.3.2_BETAFPVF435_20230607.hex (1.15 MB)

Hello Cameron,
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I did not have any success, it’s still the same.

You might not be able to see in the recording , but the blue led always flashes faintly before turning off while I attempt to update the ELRS frimware on it via passthrough. Here’s the video. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0c5J22XUTEHlxOi51H7n-R2BQ.

Thanks

James

HI again James,

Sorry to hear that the firmware didn’t fix the issue and for the ongoing hassle with this! Thank you for the video - I’ve passed this back to BetaFPV and am awaiting further information so that I can provide you with a resolution for this ASAP.

I do sincerely apologise for the wait and will do all I can to keep it as short as possible for you - once I have the info I need to proceed I will let you know, typically that’s within 0-2 working days. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please do feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

I have the exact same issue with the same flight controller. Mine is the F435 version and I have an additional problem in that the CPU gets up to over 100 degrees C on the bench with 2 cell power attached and nothing else running. How warm does yours get?

My one gets warm but I have a cooling on my FC’s.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Just to update you about this. We can arrange a replacement (stock allowing) or refund, please confirm which option you prefer so I cam get this arranged for you.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.

Hello,
I was hoping this FC could be a cheaper and higher performing alternative Anyway disappointed, as it appears to be a common issue.

Thanks for your support. please assist with a refund.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

I am truly sorry for the hassle you’ve exerienced in this case and for the issue with the board - I’ve issued a full refund for the item which will be with you soon if not already.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do feel free to ask and I or one of the team will get back to you again ASAP.

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

1 Like