FPV Feed Stuck on RunCam Splash Screen (RunCam Split3 Lite)

Order Number: 678797
Product Name: Hm-M71shd Happymodel Mobula7 1s Hd W/Gyroflow Elrs 75mm Bnf Brushless Whoop (2.4ghz)
Brand: HappyModel
When plugging the battery into my HappyModel Mobula7 1S HD drone, all appears to start up correctly. However, the FPV feed in my goggles gets stuck on the RunCam splash screen and doesn’t progress to the camera feed. The Betaflight OSD information is also displayed over the top.
I’ve checked the PCB board and there is a steady blue LED. I’ve tried wiggling the ribbon connector, but no change. I can’t disconnect/re-connect the ribbon cable at either end as it’s been glued by the manufacturer.

Hi

Sorry to hear about this, to start, since the item was purchased from us more than 6 months ago our warranty period has passed so we may not be able to offer a directly replacement, however we will work through this issue with you as best we can with Happymodel/Runcam.

To start, can you please try a different microSD card, as this is the usual cause to prevent the split form booting up correctly.

Otherwise can you please double check your betaflight config, first to check you have the UART configured for Runcam Device (and that the split is still correctly connected onto your FC)

And then make sure you have set Aux1, Aux2, and Aux 3 to the Camera wifi, camera power, and camera change mode functions?

If you still have any issues, please let me know as it may be best to get Runcam involved to offer some suggestions.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I haven’t got an SD card in the Split 3 and never have, so I assume that can’t be the issue.

I have double checked the settings in Betaflight, although I’ve never changed them except for the modes and rates when I first bought the drone. I don’t appear to have the same options or number of UARTs shown in your screen grabs. Judging by the text in the top left corner of Betaflight, they’re different FCs. There are no WiFi options in the modes tab either.

Thanks,

Kyri

Thanks, I have sent a request over to Runcam to see if they can offer some additional help/feedback with this.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Hi

Just to update you on this, Runcam have said they have been in contact with you about this, and that you need to return it back to them for repair as unfortunately its not possible to resolve remotely.

So please let me know if you have any issues, otherwise I will close this request at this point given that its beyond our 180 day warranty period.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support