GOKU F405 HD 1-2S 12A ELRS AIO V2 (MPU6000) wont work properly

Order Number: [ORDER #700150] (17/09/2024)
Product Name: Goku F405 Hd 1-2s 12a Elrs Aio V2 (Mpu6000)
Brand: GOKU Flywoo
Hi I am having a problem with this Flight controller
I put it together and the drone takes of and cuts out immediately
and it says in the goggles runaway.
I have tried to reload the firmware and it says it cannot open the serial port even though i am able to use betaflight for adjusting all the settings
i have down loaded the CLI from Flywoo site for the flight controller
also the black box chip is not showing
please advise thanks
I have tried to reload the firmware and it says it cannot open the serial port even though i am able to use betaflight for adjusting all the settings
i have down loaded the CLI from Flywoo site for the flight controller

https://umt.ams3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db5290/original/2X/2/2a39acd4b95712883d738b4745439ccd400b89b3.m4v

Thank you for reaching out. It seems there might be a few issues with your setup, so let’s start from the beginning to ensure everything is configured correctly. I suspect that you have either loaded the wrong firmware, or the wrong CLI onto your FC.

Runaway Message in Goggles The “runaway” message indicates a critical error detected by the flight controller, possibly related to the gyro or accelerometer. Here are some steps to troubleshoot:

• Ensure the flight controller is mounted correctly with the arrow on the board pointing to the front of the drone.
  • Check if the flight controller is securely mounted. Consider using soft mounting to reduce vibrations.
  • Recalibrate the gyro/accel in Betaflight while the drone is on a level surface.
    If you’re unable to open the serial port for firmware updates but can still use Betaflight, try the following:
  • Ensure you’re putting the board into DFU mode correctly before attempting to flash the firmware.
  • Use the ImpulseRC Driver Fixer, which has been effective for this board in the past.
  • If recommended by Flywoo support, try the capacitor method to enter DFU mode.

These videos may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3TeLpbw_jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12E7L3oi7XE

Along with these guides:

How to install/Flash Betaflight Firmware (GUI or DFU Mode)

Latest Flywoo CLI (make sure yoou are loading the version that is exactly the same as the firmware version, ie done load a CLI for BF 4.4.1 when you have flashed 4.5 on your FC.

Hope this helps!

unmannedtechshop.co.uk

How would you rate our customer service?

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.

Hi
I have been through this and managed to change the direction and propellers for some reason I could not change direction in betaflight so I got that sorted but still the data flash does not show up I believe from your specification there should be 8MB but it does not show up. But since then when I go into betaflight it starts up then after a 5 -10 seconds the drone serial port shuts down . Betaflight says serial port successfully shut down but it is still connected
I can no longer fly the drone ?? Help please

Can you please confirm which firmware you loaded onto it, as if you are not seeing dataflash I think you still have not loaded the correct firmware, please see this guide as when flashing BF 4.5+ you need to select which features you need so it can build thee firmware for you. Otherwise if you reach out to Flywoo directly they should be able to provide you with the latest HEX file they have for you to load. I will also reach out to them to check.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

The problem is I am unable to load firmware on to the board I have another one the same and I dont have theses issues they both have 4.3.3 I am flying it on a Flywoo# FlyLens 75 HD O3 and the CLI from flowoo’s websiteBut the problem now is when I plug in to betaflight it comes up and then the serial port disappears and it cuts off???
I think something is not right with the board??
Hope you can help
Chas

Hi

1. 8MB data memory is not detected (most likely caused by refreshing the wrong firmware, even if the correct CLI is refreshed)

2. Check or replace the data cable, which is related to the flight control operation and the loose data cable. If Betaflight suddenly shuts down, you need to observe whether the self-test LED on the FC is still flashing normally.

I need to understand the above two points. If the you still cannot solve the problem after the above steps, we can consider replacing the device for you. Before replacing the device, we will need to provide more diagnostic information to Flywoo for them to authorise a replacement, such as log files, error screenshots, etc., so that we can better understand the nature of the problem.

So please make sure you are loading the correct firmware target onto theh FC, it shoudl be FLYWOO 2.4Ghz EL24P, and when you connect to betaflight, the GUI will show you the target along thee top log box area when you first connect to it.

If you cant connect, then its likely been bricked, so you need to recover that using the guide below to reflash in DFU mode:

How to install/Flash Betaflight Firmware (GUI or DFU Mode)

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Also please see some guidance when reflashing:

ELRS needs to ensure that the customer selects CRSF when flashing the firmware. It also needs to check whether the port and ELRS version match the customer’s remote control. Our factory version is 3.0.0.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

I am unable to load firmware so I think I need to send it back to you as it has the firmware you sent it to me with

Hi

Sorry in your first email you already said you tried to reload the firmware, and after loading the CLI you can no longer connect to the board? While we are more than happy to help you to reflash the firmware, its something I suggest you try yourself since we will need to charge 1x engineering fee if you would like us to get thee board unbricked/reflashed for you to factory defaults. The reason for this is that configuration/misconfiguration are not considered product faults and therefore not covered under warranty.

We are more than happy to help if you get stuck on a certain step etc… but otherwise if you wish to return it back for configuration, please let me know and I can provide some more details on this for you. Obviously if we discover a hardware fault in our tests this would be covered under warranty, but based on thee photos and information you provided i am fairly certain that the wrong firmware/CLI has been loaded onto thee FC to cause this. So by re-flashing the correct firmware build and loading the correct CLI it will restore thee FC to factory defaults, so that is my suggestion.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support