Power rating in Watts Emax ECOII 2807

Product Name:
Brand:
EMAX ECOII 2807 1300KV 3-6S/ 1700KV 3-4S Brushless Motors

I need to know the power rating for these EMax model so zi can chose the right one. I require between 500-1000 watts

HI there!

You can find the tested Watt output of various kV / propeller combinations for this motor on our product page here; https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/product/emax-eco-ii-series-2807-motor-1300kv-1500kv-2700kv/, in the description.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

Hi Cameron

Thanks for your reply.

I found the data table with power ratings.

I have copied the model that I believe suits my requirement. Obviously you are the expert and so I will run it past you.

I am an ex-MoD scientist developing a new concept. I am in the process of building a dynamically scaled ,1/6 th scale RC model that I shall use to conduct proof of concept flight tests before embarking on construction of a the full scale version.

The 1/6th scale model weighs 1.5 Kg or 1500 grams.

The concept under development is a semi-aerobatic microlight and ultimately, therefore, I have to test fly the dynamic model for 3D flight control system verification.

Which one of the EMax brushless motors do you recommend to achieve the aforementioned flight test objectives that I rechon requires minimum of 1000 Watts of power, with a 7/8 inch 2 bladed prop , continuous at 70% throttle for 3D aerobatic trials.

Bear in mind that designated as a SEMI aerobatic microlight, my design will be rated semi-aerobatic but not primarily used for aerobatics.

Now onto the motor subject area. I started by considering the following :

Please comment and also recommend what I need regarding:

. Power supply battery for 15 min test flights
. ESC unit
. Servos
. Connectors
. Etc
And WEIGHT of individual items plus unit costs.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards
Bozi

Hi Cameron

Just found what I was looking for on your website.

Electric motor power is stated in watts. 750 watts = 1 horsepower.

An easy way to estimate power needs for RC hobby applications is to use 100 watts per pound for sport flying, 150 for aggressive aerobatics, 200 watts per pound for 3D flying.

The chart below also lists the roughly-comparable glow and gasoline power systems for reference.

Note that there are MANY more motors in the Hacker inventory than are listed below. Other motors can provide for different propeller, battery or performance profiles.

Regards

Bozi