Runcam Split-H Hdmi Camera No video out via video out pad

Order Number: 696052
Product Name: Runcam Split-H Hdmi Camera
Brand: RunCam
The camera does not output video via the video out pad when connected directly to a VTX.
The camera does not output video via the video out pad when connected directly to a VTX. I can see however, that it is recording to the SD card correctly.

I’ve tested with two VTX which I have also confirmed are working with another camera. I’ve also re-wired the camera to the VTX about 4 times to ensure it’s not the soldering.

I have tried flashing new firmware to the camera which seemed to work according to the instructions on the manual.

I’m not sure if there are some settings I need to change or if the item is simply faulty.

Hi

I have had a look into this, and it is an odd issue as the camera and split seems to be working fine, expect that its not working with your VTX.

Just to understand, if you use another camera with that specific HGLRC XJB-TX20 VTX, it all works fine? But just not with the Runcam SPlit? As I am not super familiar with that VTX, but it looks like you have connected it to Video-Out pin, and not what it should be (Video-in)

1 - Can you try to power the runcam split directly, and not via the VTX, as perhaps the VTX isnt outputting enough power for the split to run properly.
2- What other VTX have you tried to use?
3- When you say no output, what do you see on your screen, is it just static, or just black?

Also if you are in a rush to get this sorted it may be best to order a new one, and then once we confirm this one is faulty we can issue a refund for you, otherwise if you do not want to troubleshoot further you can return it back to us to check and

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ve tried the same VTX with another FPV camera and it worked correctly.

Regarding the “video out” pad, I think it’s labeled like that because it was part of a quad that was pre-built where the cam went to the FC and the “video out” on the VTX was connected to the “Video Out” on the FC. According to the manual that is correct and there are no “video in” pads on the VTX.

I have also tried with another VTX which also worked with a standalone FPC cam and it behaved the same.

I’ve also tried it with power direct from a 2s battery and there was no difference.

The video is still static but it’s like a black screen with static rather than the usual no signal white static.

I’ve never used one of the spit cameras before and I was trying to contact support as I wasn’t sure if there was a setting or something I needed to change from default to enable the live FPV video but it seems from the Discord replies I’ve received that it should be outputting live video by default.

If you’re happy for me to open a return that would be great. I’ve just ordered a new one.

Thanks
Ben

Hi,

I ordered a new unit which arrived today and using the same wiring and VTX as mentioned previously the new unit worked out of the box confirming the original I received to be faulty.

See video attached - VID-20240731-WA0004.mp4

Could you please arrange a return/refund please?

As it’s partially working (as a DVR) you’re welcome to make an offer of a partial refund for me to keep it as I might be able to get some use out of it, but guessing that depends on whether you need to return it to the manufacturer for you refund/replacement.

Thanks
Ben

Hi again Ben,

Apologies for the hassle with this and thank you for the video - that helps greatly.

Please return this back to us for final inspection so that we can get this resolved for you ASAP.

You can generate a pre-paid return label here; https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return#/details/1203
Please enter your RMA number (131230) in the optional RMA field, or include it handwritten on/in the return parcel so that we can identify your return to avoid any delays.

Please note this service works for UK customers only, If you are international, please let us know and we will provide a returns address for you ASAP and further info.

Your RMA number is valid for you and for this item only - any other items or returns we receive under this number will be automatically rejected.

Once received, we’ll get your return processed per our return terms and conditions (available on our website under “returns”) for you as soon as possible. Usually, this is within 3 working days with the exception of very busy periods, however, we will do what we can to ensure it’s processed sooner if at all possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do feel free to ask and I or one of the team will get back to you again ASAP!

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

Sorry about the delays in getting back to you, we have been struggling to arrange a replacement for you under warranty as Runcam claim that the issue is due to damage caused on the board, they said this:

As the camera still can work under 1080P60 resolution and the issues might be caused by the customer’s wrong behavior as he connected it wrong and then it’s burnt.

However, I am trying to get a replacement mainboard for you which we will do at our cost, so are you happy to swap it out yourself if I can get this arranged from Runcam?

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.

Hi Alex,

Well I bought a new one for the event at the weekend as per your suggestion so I’ll end up with two.

It wasn’t working out of the box so if it was damaged by misuse it must have been before it reached me…

I’ll see if I can return the other I bought and send you a reply as it was more expensive that the one I purchased from you.

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,

No worries, we’ll wait to hear back from you and move forwards from there. I do apologise for the hassle with this!
Please note that the replacement board will be coming to us from RunCam directly as it’s not something we currently have in stock (nor do we have more of the camera itself to salvage one from), so it may be a week or two before it’s with us. I thought it worth mentioning as if you’re arranging a return for the other, this wait may matter!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Cameron

Unmanned Tech

Hi Cameron,

I’ve had a reply over the weekend about the other unit and because I have already used it and it isn’t faulty they won’t issue me a refund unfortuetly.

I appreciate you trying to source a replacement and I understand that it’s not your fault the board was faulty but I have no use for the 2nd unit so I would prefer the return and refund.

Could you let me know how to go about this please?

Thanks again for the help with this.

Kind Regards
Ben

Hi

Sorry to hear about this, you can return it back to us using this link https://forms.unmannedtech.co.uk/unmannedtech/form/FaultyProductReport1/formperma/LwO90qT78tEqzG2w2I0iXO-9-8WohsszJRh0QOOPqEo

and we can arrange for it to be refunded once we get it back and confirm the issue is a defective item and not user error as per our return policy. But based on what you have said i dont expect there to be any issues so you should receive your refund once we get the item back.

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.