Speedybee F7V3 Not connecting to Betaflight

Order Number: 695527
Product Name: Speedy Bee F7v3 Flight Controller
Brand: SpeedyBee
Before fitting any FC I always connect to Betaflight to see what firmware is already on the FC, when I plug it into my laptop it seems to connect but doesn’t go any further, it appear I can go to the update firmware page but does not auto detect the board.
I would like to know is the product faulty, or do I go-ahead any install firmware, and if not successful what the next step
Regards
plugged FC into laptop (Mac OS) running Betaflight and tried alternative cables.

You will not damage anything if you flash the wrong firmware to the board, as it will just require you to boot the FC up in bootloader mode to flash the correct version again.

However, for your issue, when you mention you can connect the betaflight but then nothing else, what exactly do you mean, do you mean you cannot change any settings? Have you made sure that you are using a new version of the betaflight configurator?

Otherwise I suggest you use teh speedybee app to first try to update the firmware that way. Instructions are included in the manual: SpeedyBee_F7V3_Stack_Manual_EN

Kind Regards

Alex

Unmanned Tech Support

Join our community at dronetrest.com, or on Discord.